Saturday, February 18, 2006

V for Vendetta


I am totally hooked onto this one...There is only one person to thank...Thank you Tamal...( I think I have left enough links which connect me and Tamal and Rohan, so if there is ever a piracy raid....!!!) Anyway

This 380 page saga is captivating. After office I get down to reading this and go on till as much as 12.00 - 2.00 am, inspite of having office the next day. The art work is dark and graceful. The concept of a villainous hero though common it has a brilliant groundwork. It fascinates me.

I was trying to analyse my liking in comic books. I love Batman and I have a luke warm liking to Superman, Wolverine etc etc..I do not even remember the names...I think, I like heroes who become heroes. When the story involves a tragedy as the source of strength it seems to introduce a never ending tragic effort to achieve and set things right. The struggle to remedy the past along with the regular bad guy bashing probably add my oregano to the feast. This could be one reason why I might be liking V for Vendetta. Hmm....

I can only think of one exception to this, "Calvin & Hobbes"! Oh my God! Sometimes I do not believe how fortunate I am to have the entire collection in hard copy...! It is all safely kept in Calcutta...Nicely covered and all..ahhh...

Next blog coming very soon...

2 comments:

Aditya Saraogi said...

The movie has come and I didnt even know about it. I saw the poster in a Mumbai theater. Check it out at IMDB - "http://imdb.com/title/tt0434409/"
Hope it makes it to India

Anonymous said...

why shouldn't it make its way to india?

hope u managed to watch it..
loved it.