Saturday, September 24, 2005

Damn small world

I crave for days like these. How often have I hoped that I bump into some old college/school friends. These things dont happen just because we wish.

And when they do happen, it has the power to leave you speechless. I was at my mausi's place on Friday, recuperating from my illness, studying for the Oracle exam next day.

One of mausaji's cousin enters the room and greets mausi. I have a quick look and my mind sets racing. Some where it rings a bell that this face is not unfamiliar. My brain quickly scans about 50 faces unitl i get a 90% probability for a class mate from Christ College. You see, I had joined Christ College, Bangalore for MCA but then I quit it within a record 7 days. Not that I am proud of such a deed but circumstances were such that I had to do so..Anyway that is a long story...May be in some other post.

Mausi introduces and then things fall into place. Weird...very weird feeling. Seeing somebody in such an unexpected way in a such an unexpected location. I mean first of all I was in Mumbai not Bangalore, and then I was at Mausi's place and not my "dera", Andheri. I do not know how many times I must have said - Damn Small World...

Come to think of it I had spotted another acquaintence while I was in SPJIMR. He was doing the FMB course there. But I just didnt feel like talking to him. I have always harbored this feeling that when people meet old friends/classmates the first reaction is to shy away ( unless the opposite person is now a gorgeous chick!). It is a very funny thing. I know I feel it, do other people too feel it ?

Cheers!

No comments: