Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Convocation


My PGDIT convocation took place on the 10th of September, finally !! Earlier it was washed due to the infamous Mumbai rains. This time too, it nearly didnt happen.

Anyway my parents had come from all the way to Calcutta and my bro Anant had come from Surathkal. Boy, did he have a rough journey in the bus.

I am glad the convocation went well. The speech given by the chief guest was so totally boring and out of context as well but it was made up by the next professor who was from Virginia Polytechnic (or something like that). I felt proud receiving the First rank medal and I cannot describe what my parents must have felt when they heard their son's name being announced in the auditorium. ( Hmm...may be I should have asked for a reward or something from them :) )

I so bungled up the speech. There was this whole thing about who would give the speech and in the end I thought that I would not give a speech and then my name was called to give one. Mausaji says the "Speech" was heart felt, but that is only a nice way to put it.
Those who know me, will find me in the photo!
Cheers....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!! If possible give a photograph where you r more visible. So, when is the PARTY??

Rohan said...

Man, what's with the goofy look? Is somebody feeling up your behind?

Aditya Saraogi said...

Rohan , are you reminded of the time, when you were offerred Izkaun prasadam by me. "thoda hi lena, sabko dena hai!" Did i have this kind of look on my face then ?
Goofy is who I am, considering the recent goof i have managed all by myself. Damn...Imagine the trauma of a marwari losing money on something like this..the shame..the shame

Rohan said...

You are hearby stripped of your Marwarihood.

Officers from the Department of Marwari Artifacts will be there shortly to confiscate your copy of the Economic Times.