Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Five Point Someone - Chetan Bhagat


Seems like I am enjoying reading now. This post is about Five Point Some One - Chetan Bhagat. Though I read this book while I was reading A suitable Boy I am posting it now for one simple reason. I want the world to know what I have read. I dont know why, but I would just like to post a blog on all the novels I have ever read. Boy, that wont take much time. Anyway...
The other special reason why I am posting this is because, I had the opportunity and good fortune (it didnt feel like this later) to meet Chetan Bhagat in person at Crossword, Kemps Corner. He was there releasing his book, One Night at the Call Center (Tamal are you listening ??) . Fortunately/Unfortunately there was no crowd there ( 9.00 pm - Supposed be the time Bombay starts waking up...anyway). Seemed he didnt really care about his fans. I was in two minds whether I should take the book or not but I felt that if I dont buy the book and get it autographed, I might just regret it later on. Well there you go Crossword, your ploy worked. I wish I could get to meet Vikram Seth as well...hmm...
Five point some one is a good light hearted book. You are not bored for a second. But there are no ups and downs in the novel. It maintains its own pace and ends like a normal regular day life ( I wish with Sasi's paranthas ). By the way, the word Sasi just reminds me of Rani Mukherjee in Yuva...Sasi....Good book. I recommend it as light reading on a Volvo bus doing an over nite journey when you just dont enjoy the drab flick or the person snoring next to you. It is not a classy book so I would think there is no snob value attached with it, just the pleasure of reading and having read the book.
I guess you could soon expect a post one "one night @ the call center"
Cheers

2 comments:

Tamal said...

Well well,you have been reading quite a lot lately it seems.Not bad,not bad at all.I for one have only one question though-How on earth do you "enjoy" the person snoring next to you??Now, THAT would be a great inside story!
P.S.-When are you coming to kolkata next??

Aditya Saraogi said...

hi tamal,
thanks for the post! I mean, some one takes out time to post one!
Hmm, if some one is snoring next to you then I do not think that even LOTR will seem interesting. I feel like slapping the person to wake him up and put him straight..
I do not know when I shall be going to Calcutta next. Lets se..
Cheers
Aditya