Friday, November 06, 2009

A Bad Form Design


A simple form is one of the most powerful tools to reach out to a much larger audience than you had previously anticipated.

I learnt the value of simple form designs during my stint in Deutsche Bank, thanks to Rajiv. Now I am very critical of an interface design and cant help myself when I see such an error on a site as famous as Twitter.

On the login page of Twitter, the "Remember Me" checkbox is after the Login button. What possible advantage could Twitter get by placing it after the Login button ? I mean after you check the box, you would need to click on the login button right ? So you check the "Remember Me" button and then unnecessarily go back to the Login button and continue.

I think its not quite efficient as most of the users of Twitter would access it from personal devices and not through cafes and hence would almost always click on the "Remember Me" checkbox when they Lgin..

2 comments:

Shubhra said...

You have a knack of finding bugs !

Aditya Saraogi said...

hardly...have you looked at eBanking lately ?