Friday, September 08, 2006

About Jay

I should have known Jay from school (BHS) but as fate has it we met at MSR Boys Home in nimma Bangaluru...I very clearly recollect the day when I first met him outside the (no gates in MSR that time) hostel. I think he was moving in with his luggage with a relative's help. I was in one of those chirpy irritating moods, where I would give gyaan for no good cause and then feel good about it. I think I tried the same stunt with Jay as well, telling him which room to take and all..Its funny how best friends meet...

Uske baad, our friendship grew organically...(Not like today's companies, which believe in acquistions of the overseas kind)....Long talks on varied subjects and long walks along different paths...Few things came out pretty quickly...Jay was very well read and had immense compassion about his convictions. An avid reader of India Today, I dont think he has ever missed an issue since may be class 7 or 8....This fact I realised Jay, when you discussed the Shah Bano case with me.

Being in his company has always been a treat...Not to mention you would get to meet all kinds of strange earthlings (that you never knew existed)..He has the uncanny ability to see through people and understand their DNA. Even in a poorly managed college Ramaiah, he formed a circle of friends that till today stand by him. I know how difficult a task this is, knowing how poor
my social skills are (my pathetic attempts at Orkut are not worth a mention..!)..

When he found his life partner, he stood by her and his decision. I know life was not easy for him at his home and his better half's home due to this "arrangement". Not to mention all the people who kept falling all over the place over him. Its not quite difficult to ignore all these people who admire you when you have such a committed relationship, but what is impressive is not letting all that attention get into your head. I really never doubted that Jay cared a damn about them...

Due to lack of time and not lack of content, i have got to wrap it up here.....
Cheers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too good! i just knw that every word is so true.
i also wish i would've met u earlier so tht i could've known him a li'l earlier.
canon.

Tamal said...

interesting read...but what brought on this article? i am intrigued to know that foremost...
How come you have not posted any photos in your blog? I mean since you have a camera which hopefully you use often...

Aditya Saraogi said...

Jay's testomonial on orkut got this out quicker..