Monday, August 14, 2006

Travelling First Class

I dont know what to write on the bomb blasts.

Should I mention the inhuman targetting of packed locals or should I laud the spirit of Mumbai for getting back on its Tracks the very next day. ( I know i took the first class compartment on 12th July 2006).

Should I talk about the intelligence failure or the bravado of the people living in chawls and slums near the station area who helped the injured risking their own lives?

Should I mention the fact that the two minute silence observed in mumbai at 6.34pm (along with the PM) was actually incorrect as I remember receiving the first information of the blast at 6.20 pm?

May be I should mention how comfortable travel was for a week in the 1st class compartment after the bomb blasts.

I am sure that the newspapers did a lot of selling and airtime on news channels would have been on a premium.

Targetting only first class compartments - what am i to make of it ? Is it a sign that the "upper" class is being targetted or should I take solace in the fact that it is probably easier to plant a bomb and escape more easily in a first class compartment ?

I really do not know what to write. May be a lot of time has passed since the blasts and this post. I guess this also goes to show something about the nature of distant past and the strength of public memory.

Issues are abundant...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed the way u played with words and showed the various facets of this issue. it seems incomplete though - a li'l more description and vivid mention is needed.

Aditya Saraogi said...

the fact is that, i am at a loss of words to describe any feelings which are left in me connected to the issue...hence the vague post..